November 4, 2006

And so it begins...

No, not just the first post on a new blog, but tricking Maisie to fall asleep. She's developed her ability to hold her head up while on her stomach and prop herself up on her arms. She is very observant and aware of her surroundings, which makes the transition from wake to sleep very difficult for her because she doesn't want to miss a single thing. Rich and I, like most people, can turn off the tv, turn of the lights and get in bed and fall asleep (Rich before his head hits the pillow and me after about an hour of lying awake processing my thoughts, so maybe Maisie and I are alike in that respect). Maisie needs cues to tell her it's time to sleep and we're winding down. I'm only just discovering this so a few nights ago, we turned out the lights and got in bed, and she's still wide awake, wondering what the heck is going on. Rich is out within minutes and Maisie is on her stomach, propped up on her arms, lifting her head, and looking around like "What's the deal?" She looks at Rich, then looks at me and I quickly close my eyes and open my mouth to pretend like I'm sleeping. She starts cooing like "Hey, hey wake up, what's going on?" I ended up having to take her into the living room and sing her to sleep.

And so, this is a new thing for us. Hopefully it will provide some not-too-generic insight to our life. We will mostly post photos on here and, when we can figure it out, video.

Love and Peace to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment